Berakah Business Development (Pty) Limited represents various manufacturers with specific focus on grain, fruit & vegetable crops.products
WILLEM KRUGER (OWNER DELTA CHEMICALS)
THE IMPORTANCE OF ZINC AND COPPER FOR HEALTHY GROWTH IN PLANTS
(Please also see relevant articles & reports with scientific references).
The following would be the natural outcome when zinc- and copper is correctly applied:
- Copper is crucial for the pollination and healthy fruitset in cultivated plants. Both copper and “boor” are needed to ensure that sunflowers produce fruitful pollen. Plants that did not get enough of both these elements will have sterile areas in the middle. When soja crops do not have a sufficient intake of both these elements, the pollination process of plants will be inhibitedand the plant may only produce one or two pods.
- Copper and Zinc is part of an enzyme that protects plants’ chlorophyll against harmful sunrays whilst also protect from leaf blight owing to UV and sunrays – especially with susceptible cultivars. “Malroes” in potatoes is an example of such an disease, whereas the death of leaves will occur in wheat and blight will be evident in dry beans.
- Apart from nitrogen, plants need to uptake enough zinc to enable them to produce protein. When it doesn’t happen and there is a deficiency, then it will result in – for example – trees of nuts with a zinc deficiency would not be able to produce healthy seeds with a high protein- and oil content.
- Zinc is normally absorbed through the roots of plants each time when fertilizer is applied. Owing to the negative effect of excessive administration of nitrogen on the quality of the fruit, it is highly advisable that fruit trees should be sprayed with less nitrogen and rather with more zinc.
- Early symptoms of a zinc deficiency in grain crops is inhibited growth, delayed germination or yellowing of the plants. Plantings with seeds that were held back a few seasons often has this problem.
- Zinc is also very important for crops with seeds high in protein. Apart from nitrogen a crop of wheat needs to absorb enough zinc to be able to produce grain with a high content of protein.
DR. DE BUYS SCOTT – DELTA CHEMICAL
HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE ADMINISTERING OF ZINC-FLO AND DEMILDEX?
(Please refer to relevant articles and reports with scientific references)
The answer is as follows:
- Zinc-Flo is a clear solution containing 60% Zn. It is so unique and effective that even when applied (sprayed) during the heat of the day;it would still utilise the dew falling through the night to effectively dissolve and make the zinc (and other ) available for successful uptake/absorption by the plants.
- Demildex is a fine powder with a 50% Cu content. This micro-fine powder dissolves easily in water to form an emulsion of particles that sticks to the leaves of the plant. Bacteria-/germ- killing copper ions are released during times of moisture (rain, mist etc). As plant infestation usually takes place during the times of rain/irrigation/moisture, small amount of copper is released on the plant surface to kill or inhibit germination all micro-organisms. These copper ions released are also absorbed by the leaves of the plant to satisfy the copper needs of the plant itself.
- Researchers have found that a copper deficiency results in the serious outbreak of “witroes” on crops susceptible to this disease. Owing to the outstanding characteristics of both Zinc-Flo and Demildex; both these products are uniquely able and suited to enable crops/plants to significantly increase their resistance to fungal diseases.
- These copper-ions are easily absorbed by all kinds of plants in quantities that will not burn any of the leaves or flowers of any plants.
PRESS ARTICLES – DELTA CHEMICAL PRODUCTS